10.7 Provider records
We keep records and documentation for the purpose of maintaining our business. These include:
- Records pertaining to our registration.
- Landlord/lease documents and other contractual documentation pertaining to amenities, services and goods.
- Financial records pertaining to income and expenditure.
- Risk assessments.
- Employment records of staff including their name, home address and telephone number.
- Name, address and telephone number of anyone else who is regularly in unsupervised contact with the children
Our records are regarded as confidential on the basis of sensitivity of information, such as with regard to employment records and these are maintained with regard to the framework of the Data Protection Act and the Human Rights Act.
This policy and procedure is taken in conjunction with the Confidentiality and Client Access to Records policy and Information Sharing policy.
- All records are the responsibility of the officers of the management committee who ensure they are kept securely.
- All records are kept in an orderly way in files and filing is kept up-to-date.
- Financial records are kept up-to-date for audit purposes.
- Health and safety records are maintained; these include risk assessments, details of checks or inspections and guidance etc.
- Our Ofsted registration certificate is displayed.
- Our Public Liability insurance certificate is displayed.
- All our employment and staff records are kept securely and confidentially.
We notify Ofsted of any change:
- in the address of the premises;
- to the premises which may affect the space available to us;
- to the name and address of the provider, or, the provider’s contact information;
- to the person managing the provision;
- any significant event which is likely to affect our suitability to look after children; or
- any other event as detailed in the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Human Rights Act 1998
This policy was adopted by Hanney Preschool committee on the 3rd Oct 2012 – Signed by Georgia Newman Co-Chair
(The original signed copy of all policies are held on site and can be viewed upon request)
Other useful Pre-school Learning Alliance publications
- Accident Record (2010)
- Accounts Record (2005)
- Safeguarding Children (2010)
- Recruiting and Managing Employees (2010)
- Financial Management (2010)
- Medication Record (2010)
- Daily Register and Outings Record (2012)
- Managing Risk (2009)
- Complaints Investigation Record (2012)