8.2 Maintaining children’s safety and security on premises
Hanney Pre-School maintains the highest possible security of our premises to ensure that each child is safely cared for during their time with us.
Children’s personal safety
- We ensure all employed staff have been checked for criminal records by an enhanced disclosure from the Criminal Records Bureau.
- At least two references are taken on application for a position at Hanney Pre-School.
- Adults do not normally supervise children on their own.
- All children are supervised by adults at all times.
- Whenever children are on the premises at least two adults are present.
- We carry out risk assessment to ensure children are not made vulnerable within any part of our premises, nor by any activity.
- Systems are in place for the safe arrival and departure of children.
- The times of the children’s arrivals and departures are recorded.
- The arrival and departure times of adults are recorded – Staff and parent helpers are recorded in the register and visitors are required to sign the visitors book.
- Our systems prevent unauthorised access to our premises.
- Our systems prevent children from leaving our premises unnoticed.
- The personal possessions of staff and volunteers are securely stored during sessions.